Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Bangalore International Wine Festival

A very new entrant to the field of wine, but very passionate to study the intricacies of wine making.

Attended the International Wine Festival 2014 at Bangalore which concluded on July 27,2014 and realized that there is a lot to know on the basics and the intricacies of the Process of Wine Making. Also realized how passionate I was about Wine. Would love to take to studying the process of wine making and at a later stage grow my passion into my profession.


During the visit and the time spent at the International Wine Festival 2014, met a few professional wine makers from India, with whom I discussed the advantages of growing my passion into my profession. Though many of them suggested that it is not feasible or suggested that those who are passionate about wine in India can majorly set foot into Wine Marketing (read sales) Industry, I was not keen on entering what they call the Wine Marketing Industry. When I discussed this topic and further my passion about wine, with a friend of mine, who is by profession an oenologist (a Wine Maker), he suggested that if I am very keen on learning about Wine and the process of making it, then it would be better if I take up the study in France which if I am not wrong is called the Winemakers' Paradise.

A precap to all the above, I became a member of the Wine Society of India and came in contact with a few people in the Wine industry. Further when I contacted my friend, he suggested me to visit the International Wine Festival 2014 at Bangalore which spanned over a period of three tiring days and concluded on July 27,2014


On the whole the day was a memorable one.

Would like to conclude this write up as they say Home is where Heart is and I found mine as being a part of the Wine Industry as an Oenologist would give me more happiness than anything else.

Remember: Follow your heart but also give the required prominence to your brain which allows you to rationalize your ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

FB Like